I’m Wendy, the Young Persons Development Worker and I run the Time Out project.
So what is Time Out and why do I love my job?
Time Out is a safe and supportive environment for young people
- to feel free to talk about their feelings (or not)
- to feel accepted and understood
- to not be judged
- to build their confidence and self esteem
- to learn coping skills for better health and well being
- to be themselves
It’s not rocket science
- It’s listening
- It’s caring
- It’s people helping people
- It’s community
I love that:
- young people come to Time Out and meet other young people who become their best friends
- volunteers come to Time Out and benefit as much if not more than the young people
- the young people and volunteers care so much about the project and are able to challenge, shape and change it.
- we have funders who believe in us
What’s not to love about all that?