Tuesday 3 February 2015

Meet the staff: Christine

Happy New Year! I have had a great Christmas and New Year spending it with my family, friends and dogs and now ready to get back into work.


I have been Project Worker for Grassroots Project for nearly 3 years and I feel this is the ideal job for me as my background is in childcare and health promotion. I work with families living in rural areas of South Lanarkshire who require extra help such as learning how to cook healthy meals for their family, improve their parenting skills and engage in community activities. My main role is to organise the Family Educational Support Programme of Grassroots. I am kept busy booking halls and crèches, buying lunch and materials for courses, contacting families to let them know about the courses and arranging transport for them to attend (which is more difficult than it sounds….car seats being one of the problems!). My job is very rewarding but also challenging at the same time due to the ever changing family circumstances. It feels good to know that you are making a difference to people’s lives.

The team at Healthy Valleys is brilliant- we are all team players and help each other out when we are stuck or have too big a ‘to do’ list! I also like the fact that we (especially me!) like to have a good debate at team meetings and share our thoughts and ideas. I am also proud to say that I am one of a few that Pauline trusts to make her tea as I have mastered the right quantity of milk :)

Anyway, I best get back to work. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment