Tuesday 3 February 2015

Meet the staff: Kate

Destination – East Kilbride.   Purpose – staff development day.   Equipment required – sat nav!
As a fairly new recruit, this was my first staff development day and was looking forward to what lay ahead, albeit with a little anxiety.  


Donald (our facilitator) was an inspiration! Somehow he managed to keep everyone (a) awake; (b) interested; and (c) taking part in lively debate about developing the services of Healthy Valleys and I wasn’t disappointed.    In the space of about five hours, team Healthy Valleys had the opportunity to discuss any challenges we had faced over the last year and what future opportunities were available to the organisation, building on the solid foundations that Healthy Valleys enjoys.  

As Volunteer Co-Ordinator, I was able to listen to the clear vision of my colleagues and contribute to the debate on how our vision could turn into reality.   There is a lot of work ahead for everyone at Healthy Valleys and our mission is to continue to promote positive life-style changes through the provision of a range of community development programmes for people in rural South Lanarkshire.    As Volunteer Co-Ordinator, my overall aim is to recruit, train and retrain volunteers who play an extremely important role in the delivery of our community projects. 

A very informative, enjoyable and interesting staff development day indeed.    And I look forward to working alongside my colleagues in the future – it really is quite exciting and I am glad to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment