Tuesday 3 February 2015

Meet the staff: Pauline

Well here goes, it’s my turn to tell you what I do, a day in the life of Pauline Nichol, Finance Worker for Healthy Valleys…..

I have been part of this fantastic team of committed people since 2003 and have watched it grow bigger and stronger. The part I play is very much behind the scenes, but I also think it’s important and I’m very glad to be part of it.

To do all the great work in our community, we receive funding from lots of different sources, e.g. BIG Lottery, NHS Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire Council, to name but a few and we have to show how we’ve spent their money. This is where I come in, because I count all the money, make sure everything is accounted for and in the right place and report back to the funder. Some might say that must be boring, checking and double –checking, but I enjoy it, (I think I have OCD, so this is the job for me!!).

So although I’m rarely seen, I do exist and can be found locked away in the office with my head in a spreadsheet travelling through time. Moving out of one financial year to another, closing one down, catching up with the new year and thinking about the year in the not too distant future and what needs to be done to apply for new funding.

Must dash there’s work to be done………. 

No comments:

Post a Comment